Is your toothbrush becoming an obstacle to a great smile? If your toothbrush is contaminated or heavily worn, your entire mouth will suffer. When you want to keep your teeth clean and clear of dangerous debris and bacteria, you can always count on brushing.
A better smile awaits with some extra toothbrush tips. The key to understanding toothbrush treatments includes the following:
– At no time should you share toothbrushes with other people, or cross-contaminate them by placing them together.
– The best toothbrush has soft bristles with a brush head that fits easily into your mouth.
– Always avoid storing toothbrushes in sealed containers for long periods of time.
– A toothbrush is not effective if it has become contaminated, so always keep your brush clean when not in use.
– Elderly citizens and people who cannot easily brush their teeth and gums should look into an electric toothbrush to make brushing easier.
– Purchase a new toothbrush if yours has worn out, and replace it every 3-4 months, or even sooner if necessary.
For any additional questions or concerns about your toothbrush and brushing your teeth, London Bridge Smiles is here to help you with all your oral health needs. For a complete diagnosis from Dr. Alan Kessler and our team at our office in Virginia Beach, Virginia, you can schedule an appointment by calling us at 757-340-8805. Come realize your oral health care goals and your dreams with us!