London Bridge Smiles cares about our communities and understands the importance of being good community members. Read more below about our involvement and follow the links to find out how you can help!
London Bridge Smiles is proud to host the Fifth Annual Atlantic Dental Care Charity Golf Classic. This year’s event will be held Friday, June 8th, 2018. The tournament will benefit the following charities:
- Missions of Mercy Project: a free dental clinic in Portsmouth, Virginia
- Beach Health Clinic: a non-profit, volunteer driven clinic providing medical and dental services for Virginia Beach residents since 1986
- Chesapeake Care, Inc: provides medical and dental care to uninsured and underinsured individuals in the community
- Park Place Health and Dental Clinic: seeks to serve dental needs of the homeless, low-income, and underserved residents in Norfolk
- Community Free Clinic of Newport News: provides continuous primary and oral health care for uninsured residents of the Virginia peninsula
- The Oral Cancer Cause:improving the quality of life for oral cancer patients through financial support
- The Lackey Clinic: offers a full range of medical and dental services to low-income and uninsured residents of York and James City Counties, Williamsburg and Newport News
- Bon Secours DePaul Medical Center: provides a wide range of specialized services and programs to the Hampton Roads community
Dr. Alan Kessler and Dr. Tiffany Foster-Kessler participate in the Missions of Mercy (MOM) Project, which is a free dental clinic held in Portsmouth, Virginia once a year. In 2018, the clinic will be held on April 28th at I.C. Norcum Highschool in Portsmouth.
An estimated 3.8 million Virginians – more than 47% of our total population – do not have dental insurance according to the Virginia Health Care Foundation. Without access to affordable dental care, many people — especially those who are low-income, underinsured, disabled or seniors — are left to suffer pain, discomfort, and embarrassment with nowhere else to turn. To address the overwhelming need for access to free oral health care, Dr. Terry Dickinson, executive director of the Virginia Dental Association, created the Mission of Mercy (MOM) program in 2000 to provide high-quality dental care for underserved Virginians. The MOM program operates mobile clinics in strategic locations across the State, providing preventive, restorative, and surgical dental treatments to more than 4,000 low-income individuals each year. If you would like to learn more, click here!
Click Here To Watch The 2016 MOM Project Video