Oral cancer is a severely debilitating disease that is found in over 42,000 new patients every year in the United States. One of the most important facts to remember about cancer is that success often relies on finding the disease at its earliest stages.
Keep your smile safe from oral cancer by always being mindful of your current oral health status. For more information about what to look for, consider the following:
– Commonly, oral cancer can cause your throat to be sore and raw and can give you the sensation of a constant lump in your throat.
– When looking for abnormal signs in a person’s mouth, check for all manner of irregular disorders, including speckled patches, bumps, rough patches, and swelling or eroded areas that cannot be easily clarified.
– If you suffer from weakened functions such as speaking and eating, you may be suffering from oral cancer.
– Oral cancer can be associated with numbness or loss of sensitivity in your facial areas.
– Oral cancer symptoms frequently include the failure to heal quickly and effectively within two weeks of an open sore or wound first appearing.
– Relentless bleeding from your mouth that does not easily heal may be a sign of an underlying illness such as oral cancer.
– Irregular symptoms accompanying oral cancer include drastic weight loss and malocclusions.
If you are ready to take the next step to achieve a glorious smile with an oral cancer screening, set an appointment with London Bridge Smiles at our dentist office in Virginia Beach, Virginia. Dr. Alan Kessler and the rest of our team can be reached at 757-644-5421. We look forward to having you as our guest soon.