If you have a partial or complete set of dentures, it does not mean your oral health care should be forsaken. Optimum oral health is still very much needed regardless of how many natural teeth may be left. Even if you have no teeth remaining, gum disease and other diseases are still possible via bacteria in your mouth. Because caring for your oral health includes caring for your dentures, we have seven tips for you today regarding optimum denture care:
– After eating, it is always a good idea to remove your dentures for cleaning.
– Be very careful when handling dentures as they can be easily dropped and damaged.
– Never use harmful goods on your dentures such as abrasive toothpaste or teeth-whitening treatments, as they can easily damage or bleach the dentures.
– Soak or store your dentures overnight. Consult your dentist for the best storage methods for your dentures.
– Before you insert your dentures or after you remove them, always be sure to fully clean your mouth.
– Schedule regular exams with your dentist at London Bridge Smiles.
– Care for your dentures daily, including soaking them in a denture solution or water. Brush your dentures daily with a nonabrasive cleaner that has been approved by your dentist.
To schedule your checkups with Dr. Alan Kessler, please call us at 757-340-8805. Our office is conveniently located in Virginia Beach, Virginia. If you have any further questions about dentures or any general questions about your oral health, call us today!